Friday, December 8

COMO TE VOY OLVIDAR

Im stuck in the quagmire that's called the Past. Like quicksand, it keeps me in one place, allowing me some wriggle room every so often, just enought for me to think I can actually extract one leg..then another...step out of the muck and move forward. It seems all of my anxious lunging just sucks me down deeper into this mess, the Past.

And the true horror of it all is that it's only in my mind.

My past isn't lurking in the form of a tangible object, or an insurmountable, self-created obstacle. No. There is a ghost named Past that haunts me daily, and worse, nightly, keeping me awake to dissect the Why's, the How's, and the Did Not's.

Is there a fix? How do I repair my broken mind? My broken heart? A lifetime of stab wounds that have been Band-Aided...eventually the bandages come off of the unhealed wounds, and then what?

How do I forget?

1 comment:

Namaste said...

thanks for your comment. you're not alone out there at all. in your profile you write that you love words. one of my favorite authors is Paulo Coelho. you can find him in any bookstore. pick the title that your heart goes to first. you'll feel better.

mucho amor,
namaste

Powered By Blogger