Monday, September 25

BEGINNINGS


God, people are strange.
And the stranger they are, the more they want to come to my restaurant.


I am a bartender and sometimes-server at a suburban, family-owned Mexican restaurant. I'm also a college student. This job provides me with the flexibility of schedule and income that I need to comfortably pursue my degree. This is why I continue to work at this sometimes tolerable, many times God-forsaken establishment. I repeat this to myself, mantra-style, at least 8 times a day. I have been a server for several years now, having worked at places ranging from three-ring circus, corporate, big-box eateries to sniff-the-cork, nose-in-the-air, "oh you mean, brus-KET-ta!"-type bistros. But the place I work now is unlike any place I've ever worked, been to, seen, or even heard of.

I know that waiter-blogs are all the rage now, (I am thoroughly addicted to waiter rant and The Barmaid Blog) but Ive been writing about this stuff for so long now, I figured I might as well make it public. Not as if anyone will actually read it, but...

Here goes.

Oh, and if you're looking for introspection, thoughtfulness, or serving-experience-as-life-analogy, you'll find none of that here. The majority of my customers drive me nuts, and Im only here to tell you just how much.




No comments:

Powered By Blogger